Gigabyte readies rock solid Intel SLI board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
From an article posted on pcpro.co.uk :
Gigabyte boasts the first 'high-performance' SLI solution for the Intel Pentium 4 platform' with the launch of its new i-DNA series of motherboards. Specifically, it has added the GA-8N-SLI Royal mainboard to its SLI range, aimed squarely at hard-core gaming enthusiasts.

As well as supporting 1066MHz FSB LGA775 Intel Pentium 4 Processors and DDR-2 667 memory, it is built around Nvidia's nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition chipset. This enables the combining of multiple GPUs within a single system, with the goal of boosting graphics performance. More precisely, it can combine two SLI-ready PCI Express graphics cards.

As well as games, Gigabyte is emphasising security. The GA-8N-SLI Royal includes the Nvidia ActiveArmor hardware engine, which is intended to reduces demands

Click here to find out more!
ADVERTISEMENT
on the CPU during security operations. Gigabyte's Shieldware adds software features recoveries and backups.

Details of the spec for the motherboard include: a P4 processor (LGA 775 socket), Dual channel DDRII 667 with 4 DIMMs (up to 4GB), the Nvidia nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition/MCP04 chipset, 4 PCI Express connections (including 2 x 16 slots), 2 x PCI slots, Dual Gigabit LAN, 8-channel AC'97 audio and DualBIOS.

it_portal_pic_42304_t.jpg

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/71279/gigabyte-readies-rock-solid-sli-board.html#

Yeah, that's what I thought. So I went ahead and posted it here.

tis a pity they are only releasing SLi for intel now .. AMD have had like 6months lead "_"

Better late than never.

I looking for ATI's version soon. Not that I want it, but ATI is falling further and further behind... it's not good for competition.

its SLI, who cares? im with nubius on this one - i want SLI to die, and I want to dance on its grave!! MUWHAHAHAHA!!

SLI is good if you're a billionare. You can buy 2 6800 Ultras and get the most frames out of all your friends. For people like me and many other posters here, it's pointless. It's way too expensive to be worth it. The only good thing us average people would use it for is dual 6600GTs ($400) because it is better than a 6800 Ultra ($500).

only reason i got my X850 XT was cuz it was only $50 more than the 6800 GT i was planning on getting, so i figured, what the hell, y not?

The way I look at SLI is this... eventually, the next big thing will come out, then the next, and by then i will be able to afford a SLI mobo and a couple of 6800 GTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom