Gigabyte graphics cards and Ati graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom

Beta member
I have a Gigabyte Radeon 9200. If I have the ATI version of the same card, will I get better performance? The Gigabyte version is cheaper, will it have the same performance when they both have the same specs? My systems runs well, and it has for almost 2 years except for the graphics, I'm not that satisfied with it.

Same chip, just different manufacturers.

You need to just pay attention to the specs. One may use better g-RAM than the other. Also, one will have different alternate add-ons than the other, which may change your decision.

I will note, though, that Giga-byte often sells good graphics-card packages with great stuff, but the heatsinks they use are often cheap and shytty. Not to mention that the boxes from Giga-byte usually smell like the rotting putrescence from the severed hands of the 4th-world country workers they use to build the stuff.

But if that doesn't bother you, then Giga-byte is a decent choice. :)

Im not concerned with price or box stench :) lol
Im only concnerned with performance.

For my system what graphics card would you recommend?

A one-eyed troll with some elk's blood and a blank cave wall would be an improvement. Knock yourself out.

ATi Radeon X800XT, or an EVGA 6800GT/Ultra, one problem with those they cost a sh!t load...
Yan

wait...u have a gigabyte 9200...according to what u said b4...do u want to get another 9200? or a better a card all together cause going from one 9200 to another 9200 isnt gonna show much difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom