GIGABYTE or ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive built 2 rigs with gigabyte boards. Very user friendly. The boards I bought came with onboard savage graphics that I would not recommend for gaming.I bypassed the onboard and installed an agp card. I think they are good boards for the money.

Depends on A: what processor you're going to use, and B: what features you want.

ASUS used to be great for AMD boards, but a lot of people have been disspointed with them lately.

Giga-Byte sells some great boards, but you have to look at them closely because they're notorious for leaving out that one feature you want, making all the other great stuff worthless.

In the end, it's not a matter of which is better. You have to look at the boards themselves, spec wise, and see what fits your ticket best.

Either way, you're gonna get a board made in some Asian country with a manual that reads like a 4th-grader's essay for a japanese party.

I have heard some poeple complaining of ASUS boarbds lately. All my mobo's have been ASUS and i love them.

AstonFanboy said:
Which is better, ASUS or GIGABYTE? in motherboards that is
I go for the Gigabyte. I have been using Gigabyte for my home Pc for years now, and I have not had a proble,

ASUS........ they used to be good. I used to sell them a lot at work, but I have had too many RMAs come back

Yeah ive seen a bit too many ASUS mobo's recently go anyways. Asus used to be a really fast rock solid company.

My dad would either be crying or po'ed if he found out I jumped to asus and amd if he were still alive. We used to always use intel and gigabyte but about 2 years ago I went with asus, stayed pentium and the asus had a LOT of features. I agree the manual for asus is confusing as shit. I ignored it and just experimented until my shit turned on.

Trifid, MSI and DFI make damn great mobos. You dont know what your talking about man.

I suggest Asus. Gigabyte is something you get when you cant afford a Abit, DFI, MSI, and Asus. Gigabytes suck for OC anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom