gggrrrr more troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybeans=yum

Baseband Member
I just got my new case today, because my one was a piece of trash. the whole front panel was broken off including the pegs and other tihngs. never felt like RMA a case with shipping would have costed too much to bother for the looks. anyways i am using a soltek kt890 pro mobo and it was working fuine in the crappy case. had it in there for about 1 week(very new build). then when i switched the mobo into the new case along with everyhting else now i am getting errors and can't get past post. My first soltek mobo gave me almost the same problem so i sent it back. i get the error C 1 and a loud 2-3 second beep then 2-3 seconds of silince and it does it over and over again. i never took out the RAM, CPU, or video card. tried reseating the RAM, didn't work. everything seems to be connected. please help me out

Don't see how you remove & reinstall the mobo without also removing the graphics card (unless it's integrated of course).
Even so, whether you did or not, I would reseat the graphics card, they are notoriously twitchy when it comes to being securely inserted etc.

If that doesn't fix it, I would remove everything that isn't absolutely necessary from the system (ie all drives/cables, pci cards etc). It may also help if you remove the mobo from the case - it makes it easier to work on & eliminates any possibility of the case shorting out the board etc.

Could also try clearing the cmos to reset the bios.

um well could the mobo grounding against the case maybe cause a problem with it reading the RAM? because that is what is happening, by the LED error code it gives me. and the video card is fine and it PCI-E so it locks in with that hook thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom