GFX to TV issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
To be honest, I'm not totally sure what category this falls into, either hardware troubleshooting, windows & software or something completely different. So please move to the appropriate area if you can. Anyhow here it goes.

I've set up the TV to the laptop, using a normal VGA cable. Last night it worked perfect, I can clone or extend the monitor if I liked. Today however, I was only able to extend the monitor, anytime I tried cloning the TV goes blank with a notice saying "Invalid Format". How exactly can I fix this? Nothing is wrong with the cable and I set back CCC to default to see if it helps...the problem still persists.

The laptop is Toshiba Satellite A215 Review. Brand of TV is LG, can't find the model at the moment but I'll edit when I do. Hope that works for now.

The resolution was actually lower than the max of the tv. Resolution that I could of reached was 1366x768 and the highest was 1900 x 1200 I think. The refresh rate sticks at 60hz and has no option for more or less.

Have you tried setting the resolution to the native resolution of the tv in question?

What is the native resolution of your tv. For example my 40" is 1920x1080

Bleh it's working now. Weird part I don't understand is, when I clone it...it cannot go over 1280 x 768, but if I use the "Extend Desktop" feature, it can go to the resolution higher
_o_O__by_Chimpantalones.gif

Edit: Also I can't get Theatre Mode to work, any ideas? I tried this http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost.php?p=1335761940&postcount=17 but it didn't seem to help.

@phil: Yup got all the latest drivers already.

Bleh it's working now. Weird part I don't understand is, when I clone it...it cannot go over 1280 x 768, but if I use the "Extend Desktop" feature, it can go to the resolution higher
_o_O__by_Chimpantalones.gif

Edit: Also I can't get Theatre Mode to work, any ideas? I tried this Rage3D Discussion Area - View Single Post - Full screen theater mode & Vista Ultimate but it didn't seem to help.

@phil: Yup got all the latest drivers already.

See, What happens when you clone the display the highest resolution will be that of your smallest screen, in your case it's the laptops resolution that forces you to not go over 1280x768.

See, What happens when you clone the display the highest resolution will be that of your smallest screen, in your case it's the laptops resolution that forces you to not go over 1280x768.
Ah ok, makes sense. But the laptop can go to 1 resolution higher though, which is 1280 x 800. When that happens, I get the invalid format. If I switch back to the 1280 x 768, it shows.

Ah ok, makes sense. But the laptop can go to 1 resolution higher though, which is 1280 x 800. When that happens, I get the invalid format. If I switch back to the 1280 x 768, it shows.

Then that resolution is not supported by the t.v. I get the same thing if I try to clone my desktop to my t.v., since it's got a resolution of 1440x900, if I drop it to 1366x768 all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom