Gfx Cards Names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Finally, as the 7900 cards come out, the last of the 7 series... we see looming ahead in the not so distant future the awe inspiring 8 series line of cards. We also know that eventually, there will be a 9 series of geforce cards. Now, we can see in Nividia's patterns that whatever the series of cards, it will be [x=series #] (x)600, (x)800, (x)200 (like the 6200, 6600, 6800, 7600, 7800, etc.) Therefore we can assume that when the gf 9 series comes out, that it will have such model numbers as 9600 and 9800. I don't know about you guys, but I find that pretty weird, I'm sure it will cause some slight confusion, but I just find it weird how the model #s from both ATI and Nvidia are bound to clash like that.. you'd think that maybe Nvidia will use the odd numbers instead, but even still, the ATI 9xxx series of cards also had 9500, 9550, 9700. Any thoughts? You think Nvidia will try and avoid having to label their cards 9600 and 9800 when the 9 series comes out? (Just to point out, the 9600s and the 9800s, even the 9550s were Nvidia's worst nightmares, pretty much devastating them in the gfx card market, when they had their inferior 5 series of cards..)

They might switch the first number to something else, thats what i would do. Lol that be wierd. "I have a 9800! wow thats hella old!

slick_tech15 said:
They might switch the first number to something else, thats what i would do. Lol that be wierd. "I have a 9800! wow thats hella old!

well, at least one thing to distinguish the cards will be that instead of a 9800XT it'll be a 9800GTX, or a 9600GT... weird just thinking about it. But I'll bet by then that the ati 9xxx cards will be so obsolete and long forgotten...

ya thats what i was thinking. all the little 15 and 16 yr olds by that time will have no idea what a radeon 9250 is so i dont think theres anything to worry about.

I'll probably have ditched my PC hobby by the time the 9xxx series comes out. Vista looks to be more and more restrictive every time I see news.

Ryan

They obviously aren't gonna name it the 9800 and such, they are smarter than that and would nto copy a company. Personally I think there won't be an 8 series or if there is there won't be a 9 series, they will just name it something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom