GFX card fan... getting hands dirty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you go about ceasing a fan, that takes some skill. Only thing I could think of was a short that melted the magnet to the copper.

-Ryan

Well, for anyone who is interested, when i took the fan apart, there was burnt circuitboard... i think the siezing up was caused by silicon ash and grit on the bearings... no loss. I might just buy in to a case fan, and stick it on the card. How would i go about it? The MOBO seems to have two possible connections: three pin connecter next to the agp slot which says "cha_fan1" next to it... thats my personal choice... and another the other side of the agp slot which reads AUX1. Any suggestions to which i would plug it in to? I'm not a comlete retard, i just like to be sure :)

Dude, just get the one I suggested. It's great. It has a copper heatsink, a quiet fan, and an adapter in case you only have a 2pin connector. Trust me. I have the exact same one and I'm using it on my video card right now, with the adapter because I too only have a 2pin connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom