Getting Windows MC and Hauppauge Win TV PVR 150 TV Tuner......... BUT.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blolodyfinger

Baseband Member
Will I be able to record tv off of my PVR and burn it to a DVD? Problem is, my PVR is full but I want to record some more shows.... SO I was thinking, if I could record what is already ON my PVR to my computer, then burn that to a dvd then I'd basically have unlimited space on my PVR. Only problem is, I heard that when you record TV in Windows Media Center, it records it in a wacky file format that only compatible with WMC. Can you still burn it to a DVD that I can play on a normal DVD player? I have like 6 Ultimate Fighting PPV events recorded that'd I'd love to be able to burn to DVD's for later use!!!

Blolodyfinger said:
Will I be able to record tv off of my PVR and burn it to a DVD?

You'd better be able to, unless Windows Media Center is DRM'd and won't let you.

Blolodyfinger said:
Problem is, my PVR is full but I want to record some more shows.... SO I was thinking, if I could record what is already ON my PVR to my computer, then burn that to a dvd then I'd basically have unlimited space on my PVR.

http://mythtv.org

Blolodyfinger said:
Only problem is, I heard that when you record TV in Windows Media Center, it records it in a wacky file format that only compatible with WMC.

Probably, thats why DRM sucks.

Blolodyfinger said:
Can you still burn it to a DVD that I can play on a normal DVD player?

If you convert it to mpeg2, yes.

Blolodyfinger said:
I have like 6 Ultimate Fighting PPV events recorded that'd I'd love to be able to burn to DVD's for later use!!!

Wish I could help you more...

DRM is Digital Rights Management.

Not letting you do what you want, when you want, where you want and how you want, with media/stuff that is rightfully yours.

If Windows Media Center did this, it would record all the TV shows in an encrypted format, unique to your copy, so you can't share your recorded shows with your friends, or burn them to a DVD.

All of it just to maximize profits.

DRM'd is just what I use to describe something like that.

Ok, you don't know for sure though do you? Basically the only reason I'm getting this is just so I can rip stuff off of my PVR and burn it to DVD for later play....

Yeah, I'm not sure about that. :confused:

But you might want to look into it before buying that stuff, as there are other solutions.

Yes you can play the dvd's in a dvd player.Alternately, you can also watch the files on other computers provided you have dvd player software installed.

So u can burn em off, or move the files.

Bruce said:
Yes you can play the dvd's in a dvd player.Alternately, you can also watch the files on other computers provided you have dvd player software installed.

So u can burn em off, or move the files.

THANKS!! That was all I needed to know! I'm going for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom