Getting it together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canman

Solid State Member
I am finally on the verge of putting together my first non-mainstream pc. I may not build it myself, but I will have all the components selected and researched before building it on a custom website.

Where is the best place to build an AMD 64 machine?

What I want:

Themaltake Case Xaser III V1000D - Blue
Themaltake 480w W0019
AMD FX53
MSI K8T NEO2-FIR
1G Kingston HyperX DDR 3200
eVGA 6800
(2) Seagate Barracuda 7200 160G ATA150 Raid 0
Plextor 12X PX-712A DVDr
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER
Sony 20.1"LCD SDM-S204/B

What do you think?

If I were you I'd order the parts on www.newegg.com and, after obtaining all required parts, take it to your local computer store and get a price quote on installation and setup fees. Most places shouldn't charge more than 100 dollars. Hope that helps...

yes the most a place should charge you is 100 bux.. and look at smaller businesses because they will doo the same thing that larger businesses doo (like computer city, futureshop, etc...) but they do it much cheaper... but then you could also buy a book from amazon.com on computer uprgrade repairs or A+ certification which should give you all the knowledge you need to build ur own pc.. and if you ever run into problems you could always ask one of us here :)

My main problem is being located in Bermuda. There is no selection and everything is expensive to cover overhead costs. I want to have the major brands and models to select from and a store with a good reputation to support a damaged part replacement just in case.

This is going to be my toy next to my home theater. I am adding a new addition to my house and it will be my private office/media center.

The gamer card and promos now can had a whole bunch of free games like Halo, Far Cry, Star Wars, Doom 3, etc. which rock.

I have checked out new egg but they don't build; do they?

Anyways, I wanted some feedback on my hardware and a good source to order it from.

What do you think??

Is there a place where you live that fixes computers? If so call them and ask what they would charge to do what your asking. Post what they say. The reason I'm sticking to that plan is because the money you will save going through www.newegg.com will probably add up to be more than what it will cost if you have a local computer tech put it together for you and it will be cheaper in the long run than going through a company that builds/ships custom PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom