Getting rid of windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid

In Runtime
I got a "new" used WD 120 gig hard drive whith windows sp1 on it.
I hooked it up looded my windows that I was using before, formated the "new"(the one that I just got) hard drive and figured that it would get rid of windows completely from the "new" hd, but appearentaly it didn't because now everytime I start my computer it tells me to choose which operating system I want to use(the formated one or the one that I was using before).

Do any of u guys know how can I get rid of that problem.

I haven't ever run across a problem like this before, only time I have seen this is in a system that you have setup for dual boot.

When you turn the computer on and it brings up the screen to select an operating system, what do you have to choose from?

What OS are you actually using on the computer?

It gives me 2 options

Xp Professional-since i formatted it it gives me an error and tells me to reinstall windows
XP Professional- works ok

when you formatted the new hard drive how did you go about doing that?

Just right click on it in my computer and choose to format it? If thats how you did it, did you check "create an MS-DOS startup disk" on that window or did you leave that unchecked?

*edit*

Feel free to IM me on AIM if you would like

edit the boot.ini file. delete the option that points to the other drive, or if you wanna be lazy set a default with the timeout set to 0 :)

Maybe the Nused hard drive was partioned with Partion Comander by the former owner.Formating it from desktop should get rid of all partion's.In DoS I would think when you reformated the drive it would list both partion's and youed just need to Delete partion's.

Thanks for all advises, but decided that a fresh windows install is not that bad so I just formatted all my hard drives and installed windows. Everything works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom