Getting really high ping on CS:Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystikast

Baseband Member
I recently just built this PC myself (was my first time) and I keep getting really high ping on games (about 100ping, I think I got a 69fps on video stress test) that I should be having 60 or less ping. Is it possible that I could have put some things in wrong so that they work slower, or anything like that? This is my first time. Everything runs, my processor, ram, video card etc, but is it possible that it does not run to uhh full power because I might of put it in wrong or something like that?

I have:
1gig PC-3200 DDR
AMD Athlon 64 3400+
NVidia Geforce 4 Ti 4600 (128mb)
Comcast "high-speed" internet

I have all my graphic settings for CSS on low.
Also, another question, my processor is only running at 2200mhz, but it is a 3400, why is this? And one more, is there a way I can check the actual speed of my connection? Under network connections it says 10mbs, but I think that is wrong.

Please help, thanks!

Its an AMD, not an intel. AMD uses a different, more streamlined architecture that operates at lower clock speeds. The 3400 just means it performs about the same as a pentium 4 3.4ghz

1.) ping is the amount of times it takes you to respond to the server, about 100 ping (measured in milliseconds)

2.) ping is dependant on your CONNECTION, not your computer

3.) what connected are you on?

4.) try finding better servers? i was just on my friend's clan server and i had about 38 ping since i live pretty close to them

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well comcast no offense is mainly crap

Where are you located?

And find out your internet speed here
http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest

I am 98% sure this is your connection, the other 1% are lan and the other 1% is PC

rrrright...

you obviously haven't seen adelphia :D

good thing adelphia got bought out by comcast for 10.6 billion

i was getting really excited until i found out that

it'll be replaced by comcast!

noooooo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom