Getting a Notebook.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merlin

Daemon Poster
Well, hopefully within a month or so I'll have enough money saved up to by myself a laptop for college:)

I need one cause I'm gonna be taking Computer Programming and Computer Graphics classes;)

At first I was looking at the Dell Inspiron's because a friend has an 1100 which is really nice and the 5100 was cheap, but with all the 512mb of RAM, and atleast 64mb Video card it kinda became expensive, plus no Wi-Fi or anything and it was a 2.4 P4, so battery life was gonna be low.

I looked at their outlet section aswell, but I was worried about the fact that you couldn't actually see what you were buying, that they didn't discount the price that much:rolleyes:

The I found CyberPower:)

This Notebook is so far the one I'll likely get, cause the only thing I need to add is another 256mb of RAM and $10 for the Wi-Fi card, so for $1,400 delivered I get exactly what I want:D

What do you guys think?

Are there better deals anywhere else?

Do you think CyberPower are a reputable company?

Is it overkill(my dad thinks it is, but I don't :p )? Do I really need a 64mb GFX card and that extra RAM?

To me the money is just right, I paid the same for all the components on my desktop, its just that when I paid that for my desktop, it was paying $200 or so a week on each componant and not a huge lump sum:rolleyes:

I dont like dells at all. there slogan is no middle man no mark up. but they mark it up them selves and u save 10 dollars basically. that company i havenver heard of but get it and a warenty for it so ur covered

look at this laptop

thats a 1.4
look at this link its 1,529.
15" SXGA+ TFT Active Matrix w/ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 PRO TURBO w/128MB DDR
2.8GHz Hyper-Threading Intel Pentium® 4 Processor w/512k L2 Cache - 800MHz System Bus Speed
40.0GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive at 4,200 RPM
512MB (2 SODIMMS) PC3200 DDR400 Dual Channel Memory
Combo 8X DVD/24x10x24 CD-RW w/Softwares
3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive - Swappable in Modular Bay
Built-in IEEE 1394 (Firewire)
Built-in 56k V.90 Modem
Built-in 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet LAN w/RJ-45 Jack
Smart Li-ion Battery
No Windows Operating System
Free Ultimate 4-CD Software Bundle - 19 Titles
Full Range Auto Switching AC Adapter
1-Year Parts and Labor, 24/7 Toll Free Customer Servicelaptop with options to upgrade

That one is alot nicer, but it's probably more than than I really need, abit more expensive than I want to go and it doesn't have Windows already:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom