getting a new video card..

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
I just ordered a eVGA 6600GT off of Newegg. It's going to replace my Radeon 9250. I have the lastest Catalyst driver installed. When my card comes in, how do i install it?
Do i jus take out my old card and put in the new one?.. or do i have to uninstall the catalyst driver fisrt..?

first thing you have to make sure you uninstall the ATI drivers first
then you just take out the 9250, put in the 6600 and install the Nvidia drivers

if you don't uninstall the ATI drivers first, you probabbly will have driver conflicts causing the card nto to work properly

BTW, good choice getting the 6600 GT

I would recomend a format, as it is good to do them regualy, and will make sure that all the old drivers are gone.

So do i have to be in safe mode to uninstall the old drivers?? or can i jus uninstall it from the program list?

go into the device manager and go to your hardware devices....uninstall it from there.....when you've done that, hit restart later and then manually shut down your computer, change cards and your good to go.
no reason to be in safe mode or format....i've changed neumorous cards like that with no problems at all.

i talked to my classmate as skul, he said that you can just swap the card without uninstalling the driver and you can probably have two card at once with two drivers. He's just retarded right? Because i want to make sure, i dont want to #*(&$# up my system.

^ Why would you want to keep the old drivers anyways?

I recommend to do what others have already recommended. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom