Getting a new pc need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomRainKing

Beta member
Ok, i'm gonna be getting a new PC and was wondering if you guys could help me. I'm currently running an AMD 750MHZ with 256 ram from 1999. I'm not really into gaming, but do burn a lot of DVD's...from video downloaded (dont have a cam corder). The only video editing I'll do is spliiting a joining. I have a large MP3 collection and burn a lot of CD's. My question lies in things like the Video card, Sound Card, and RAM. What Sound/video card would suit my needs? From the research i've done so far, i'd be spending 40-55 on the video card, and 20-40 on the sound card. I'm a novice when it comes to the RAM...Rambus, DDR, what's the difference and what's best for me. Finally, it seems to be cheaper to buy the components and assemble them myself. My brother in law is a programmer for the Navy and already told me he could do that. If that's the case, anyone know of where to find the cheapest parts: Motherboard/CPU combo, RAM, Video Card, Sound Card... I already have a hard drive and DVD burner. I'll need a case too...thanks for your help.

Here are two really good places to buy from: www.newegg.com and www.zipzoomfly.com Also, to be able to help you more, I have a couple of questions.

(1) Will you be needing a monitor, speakers, mouse, etc, or simply a new computer?

(2) What is your price limit for the entire project?

I wont need a monitor, just the computer. For the full price...i'm looking at 5-600$. I shouldnt have much of a problem cause i already have the Hard Drive, and am not looking to go top of the line for things like the video/sound card. A lot of the P4 combos i've been looking at are around 250-350$ for a 3.0 Ghz. Thanks for the help!

well u can get a CPU and Mobo for like $200 easily. Ram u should go with 512 MB DDR400 RAM. graphics cards, u should probably get a 5200 or even lower since u dont game. and sound card, practically any 40 dollar sound card should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom