> 450watt Black Neon BCC-328-4HLW Mid Tower ATX 2 fans
> (4 5.25, 4 3.5 bays)
> Onboard LAN included
> Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
> 1.44 Floppy Drive
> Supply included with Case
> Standard 1 year parts and labor

$901

also any other websites you guys recommend to purchase something simmiliar and maybe cheaper?

thats not a bad deal. I always go AMD though becuase it is more bang for your buck. what I did with my recent purchase was I went to www.tigerdirect.com and www.newegg.com and I got all of what I wanted at each place. then, I bought the parts that were the cheapest from each place. yes I had to pay twice for shipping, but it was still cheaper then just buying from one of those sites.

for example:
the ram was cheaper at newegg, but the hard drive and videocard were cheaper at tiger direct.

which reminds me, how much were you going to pay for that videocard you mentioned? because Tiger direct has a X850 Platnum 256mb for $350. thats the top of the line ATI card right now.

thanks for the reply, the video card alone is about 270 or so,
im not a big fan on building a computer myself because i have little experiance, (only changed a hard drive and dvd-drive before) ill probably look into tigerdirect and newegg but i also found this

3200+ Athlon 64 CPU Retail Box with Fan
AMD Heatsink and Fan Included
MSI Neo4-F (nForce4x, Serial ATA Raid, Sound, LAN PCIEx)
1GB (512MBx2) Corsair Select PC3200 DDR400 Memory
256MB Radeon X800 Pro PCI Express DVI/Tvout
450watt Black Neon BCC-328-4HLW Mid Tower ATX 2 fans (4 5.25, 4 3.5 bays)
Onboard LAN included
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
1.44 Floppy Drive
Supply included with Case
Standard 1 year parts and labor

$800

good price?
and any difference between the two performence for gaming wise?

AMD is considered better for gaming, although that processor is maybe a little less then what you would want. look for somehting like that exact system only with say a AMD 3800.

where are you finding those?
I suggest that if you do not want to build your own system, you should check out www.cyberpowerinc.com

I do not concur. That 3200 is going to pull you through any game. It's mostly in the video card. Sure, a 3800 is going to bench higher than the 3200, but no game currently out is going to bog down a 3200 by any means. I'd go with that and maybe do a little beefing of the video card, and you'll be ready for any game thrown at it. Perhaps you can buy Age of Empires III when it comes out. I heard it's going to have some HEAVY video requirements.

Ryan

are you saying the the 256mb x800 pro pci express isnt going to be able to handle new games that come out?:eek:

My recomendations:

Make sure you get a venice core for the CPU.
Motherboard is great.
Ram is good for non overclockers.
GPU, is well terrible. (see beedubaya) 6600gt is under that price, 6800 is also cheaper, but the 6800gt PCIE GPU is over it. If you went AGP you could get a 6800gt (hinders future upgradeability, due to next gen GPU's are PCIE, todays cards, it makes no difference)
The PSU that comes with the case will likley be terrible, and un reliable, and could take out the whole system, when it goes, and it will eventually.
Onboard sound is great, so there is no need for the sound card.

edit:The memory of the video card means nothing. The pipelines, mhz of the GPU core and memory is what matters.

/\
the 6600 gt is also slower, along with the 6800. the 6800GT I dont know about

/\/\
Considering the next gen of ATI cards should come out soon, buying that is kind of a delema, but not really. you should have no problem running games for atleast 3 years to come on that thing. I have a AMD 2600 with a 9600SE with 256mb and I have no problem running HL2, and i would venture to say i have an easy time running UT 2004.

/\/\/\
thats true, but if he has $1000 to spend and that computer is $800 then don't you think it would be worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom