Getting new comp, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
question about newegg.com, if you buy all the stuff on the same day, do they all come in the same package the day its supposed to come? because id hate to have a bunch of stuff coming through the mail on different days. i still might be considering building my own comp.

JeffK91 said:
How's this system from DELL? http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_desktop4?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

128mb video card. That's pretty good right? Note I'm not trying to get the max out of gaming. Just something with above average graphics, runs smoothly, etc.

The reason I'm not willing to build my own comp is because I have no idea how to and I won't be able to buy my parts online. The reason is because I'll have only cash to make a transaction and as far as I can see, online stores dont accept cash or money orders.

Dude, you know what they say, ""Buy a DELL, go to HELL"" <- not my words ) :D

worst I would go, would be Fry's, and if you want a good computer, get one online (not dell) try the custom bulit ones like ibuypower and if you can't find one with a vid card and it's good, buy it and put your own vid card in.

...by the way, I would say you GET AN AMD proccesor!!! :shocked:

well, usually it does, it can depend, i bought a 13 part comp in 3 packages, usually the case and monitor have their own packages, but come on same day, bigger packages are usually stored in sperate warehouses then others so they arrive different date, also anything that's brand new, or they just got new of (went from out of stock to in stock) will come from a seperate warehouse, so usually sperate days, basically if you order you usually get packages 2 different days, one for big stuff (like monitor, case, large speaker set up) and 1 for everything else, and newegg even with cheapest shipping almost always ships within 5 buisness days.

You know I'm just thinking of heading on to Best Buy and get a comp with at least a 128mb vid card for less then $1000 and after using it for awhile or if whenever I have extra cash I'll just buy a 256mb radeon 9600pro vid card from newegg.com for $100.

question, since integrated graphics is installed on the motherboard, if I get a new video card does that also mean I have to get a new motherboard or does the vid card just overrun it?

you have to set in your biosi think, i thought i heard somewhere tho that the 9600 with 128mb was actually faster then the 256mb..?

I'm prbably even more noob at it than you and I'm still planing to order a new processor, psu, mobo and upgrade my old comp. It's a lot cheaper and you can build a perfect gaming comp and then you can be proud of yourself cuz u did it without any real help from anyone.

A warning if you try and order anything from newegg.com with Pre-Paid check or whatever. You will be could be waiting for a good long time to get anything. Especially if you live in the middle of nowhere like me.

JeffK91 said:
Bottom line is I want a computer under $1000, should have decent specs like

3.0 ghz minimum
512mb ddr sd pc 3200 minimum

and an above average video card (128 - 256mb) pref. 128

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. If you buy a store built pc, your gonna get the cheapest thing they can buy to meat your specs like this . I suggest you do nothing.... except learn. May I suggest Anandtech, or perhaps Toms hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom