Getting new comp, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hi all, I am finally getting a new comp at around March 16th and have been so excited that I've been on the net searching early for my new comp. I am not willing to build my own comp nor am I trying to buy one online. I'm looking to go to a store and buy one (fry's, best buy, circuit city, etc.) and came across this nice little PC that's going for under $1,000. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...50001&productCategoryId=cat01173&type=product

Please tell me what you think and please explain how good the graphics card is because I have no idea. I need this comp for mostly gaming but am not looking for any super comp. It must be $1000 or less. Please reply back with ideas and/or suggestions. Thanks. :)

it doesnt even have a graphx card its integrated,
for 1000 dollars you could build a system that can play any games almost at the highest settings, but since you dont wanna buy one, id at least go online and buy one

yea, its much better to build one. but since u dont want to build one you should check ebay for a cheap one...

even dell has some pretty nice deals online or ibuypower.com or the other ones like that

your not going to get much out of gaming with a store bought pack pc, although id suggest you look for something with a geforce fx 5700 from dell or hp, or even sony i guess. but if you're gaming, DON'T SETTLE FOR INTEGRATED. period :) integrated doesn't even run most of today's games. just make sure you at least get a video card with 128mb of ram and directx 9 support from nvidia or ati.

How's this system from DELL? http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_desktop4?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

128mb video card. That's pretty good right? Note I'm not trying to get the max out of gaming. Just something with above average graphics, runs smoothly, etc.

The reason I'm not willing to build my own comp is because I have no idea how to and I won't be able to buy my parts online. The reason is because I'll have only cash to make a transaction and as far as I can see, online stores dont accept cash or money orders.

ya thats not bad at all, it's not hard at all to build, i just built my own a few weeks ago with no technical knowledge past what i get here and a few odds and ends i've picked up over the years and im pretty sure www.newegg.com accepts cashiers checks, which aren't exactly hard to get.... :p

ya, newegg does pre-paid personal, cashiers check,paypal,company, or money order, along with credit or debit, i can't imagine you (or your parents?) [sry dont know how old u r :p] not having any of those ways to pay... :)

I'm very familiar with newegg.com and although its a very good site for building a comp I really don't want to go through the trouble and risk messing something up. Bottom line is I want a computer under $1000, should have decent specs like

3.0 ghz minimum
512mb ddr sd pc 3200 minimum

and an above average video card (128 - 256mb) pref. 128

alright, i guess i would go with that dell then... unless you know a local store that might do it better for ya, the dell's prolly ur best bet, just try not to **** around with anything important on it cuz dell tech support sucks.... :D see what other ppl have to say tho, thats just my 2c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom