Getting kinda worried here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for sure. Awhile ago the fan on the card shitted out, so I had to get it replaced. Now I have a really crappy fan on it, and two of the wires had to be fixed together to make the fan able to sit on top, so the wires are soldered, and covered with electrical tape. This is why I think the card is going, since I dont even have the original fan, the whole card is slowly going to crap.

Also, is a CPU temp of 80F alright?

EzD said:
I think for sure. Awhile ago the fan on the card shitted out, so I had to get it replaced. Now I have a really crappy fan on it, and two of the wires had to be fixed together to make the fan able to sit on top, so the wires are soldered, and covered with electrical tape. This is why I think the card is going, since I dont even have the original fan, the whole card is slowly going to crap.

Also, is a CPU temp of 80F alright?

That's about 27C, that's extremely cool

Nope, my bad...80C hahahaha I am starting to love comps cause everything is going to shit.

EzD said:
Nope, my bad...80C hahahaha I am starting to love comps cause everything is going to shit.

80C is hot, I think a P4 will shut down between 80C - 85C. Definetely invest in a way to cool that. 10 people will tell you 10 different ways to cool it off, but definetely do something, sooner rather than later.

dammnnnnn... your p4 is at 80c??? esp. if it's a northwood core (sounds like it since you're still on agp) is ridiculously hot. i'm surprised you're still able to run with it. definetely get some better cooling in there. i woudn't be surprised if the reason your pc is shutting down constantly is because of your cpu temps.

This is most likely the cause of all my problems. P4s were designed to actually slow down instead of turn off when they get hot. You can get a video of what happends to games when they take the fan system off the processor, in 3 seconds it goes to shit...but the processor stays fine...

They did it with amd and the processor started smoking and melted lmao.

How much would a good CPU cooling system cost?

I took my tower out from under my desk, put it on top, turned it backwards, and took of the side of the tower. I looked inside and saw no fan over top of the CPU. Should there be a fan over top of the CPU. All i had as a plastic cylender on the inside of the case side (im assuming this is a shitty cooling system?? What is this?). But doing all of that (relocating, and taking off side) took the CPU from 78-80, to 67.

Correction, there is a huge honking fan there. I dont know why it is still so damn hot though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom