Getting 2 21.3in monitors, I need suggestions for a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark_Sniper* said:
yes DJ i was going tto tell him to get XFX but as you said DOA alot. SO y take the risk. Well hope your computer turns out good.

Because XFX and PNY are the only dual DVI cards in his price range. XFX have great image quality though, like any other 6600 / GT.

And if you had a 5200 in their, it will work with a 6600

uthscsa19 said:
I am assuming that my computer will have the extra power connection needed for the 6600GT and that it will be AGP 2.0 compliant. It is fairly new, bought early 2004. Its a P4 3.2Ghz Northwood. The current card is an 8x AGP 5200, so i think everything would be the same exept the extra power connection. I think the 6600GT takes two? One that normally goes in, plus an extra? Just checking on these little things.

The 6600GT uses one 4-pin molex connector. if you have problems such as your computer freezing or rebooting while using 3dsmax, it will most likely be a power supply problem. your computer could reboot because the video card wouldn't be getting enough juice. make sure that your power supply is over 350W.

How would I check to see what kind of powersupply is in my computer? Is there a way to do it without cracking it open?

not that i know of. you can just open the side of the case and look at what the sticker on the power supply says

yea or another thing you can do is if you can get you hands on a like a 250 psu have it connected to your vga card and have it outside your cse but i dont think you want to do that.

*EDIT* dude dont get another card jsut get another psu like i put its easier or upgrade your psu with dell.

Well I cant so much modify this computer so much, its a work computer. Guess I may just end up keeping the 5200 and seeing how they look through VGA connections, compare what it looks like going from VGA or DVI.

I didnt say it ran it well. Like I said, It normally gets pretty choppy when working on complex models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom