General Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
how could i figure out what my power supply is?

I've heard that Newegg is a good and trusted place to buy computer hardware. Which 6600 (PCI) from newegg do you think is good quality and from a good to reasonable price?

jk88 said:
how could i figure out what my power supply is?

I've heard that Newegg is a good and trusted place to buy computer hardware. Which 6600 (PCI) from newegg do you think is good quality and from a good to reasonable price?

I assume you mean PCI-Express and not just PCI...
if so here is a good one here:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-214&depa=1

if you are looking for just a PCI video card, don't even bother, it isn't going to help you for what you want to do with it

dale5605 said:
Like somebody else mentioned that processor is not a true 64 bit Athlon, it's much weaker. However, I think you should still be able to play high-end games with it.
For an upgrade I would recommend adding 512MB more RAM, and getting a more powerful video card. I think that would help greatly.

I think that was me, because I consider that chip a sempron with 64 bit. And to shadowfalls, not all A 64's are 512K, this one is 256 and is an OEM only chip for PC Company's like HP, it's marketing BS.

The CPU he has is a broken version of this one http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=11223&vpn=ADA3400AXBOX&manufacture=AMD with the broken part disabled.

You would be advantaged by getting a decent video card like a 6600GT or X800 XL and it would help you play games much more smoothly.

To find out your power supply, open up ur case and take a picture of the PSU (the side with the sticker). then post the picture here and we'll tell u if its good.

ahh yeah, he clearly didn't mention what it was lol, its a stupid HP pc, with their so called Athlon 64 stripped down version which you are paying as much for the better one...

check out HP's website they sell them side by side in one model
Sempron, A64 3200+(512kb model) and 3300+ its why they skip particular models, and why when you go to Newegg for example, you won't see a 3100+ or 3300+

the funny part is, when you go to customize, the one with less cache costs more and all you lose is 200mhz, so more cache or a lil bit faster, hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom