General Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you post your computer's stats, and we'll see if it would help.

AMD 64 3300+ Processor (2.4Ghz) Socket 754
512 MB DDR RAM PC3200
SiS Integrated Graphics 128MB
160 GB Hard Drive
Cache:
L1 Data 64KB
L1 Code 64KB
Level 2 256KB

Could anyone tell me if those specs w/ a good upgraded video card can run high-end games smoothly?

Like somebody else mentioned that processor is not a true 64 bit Athlon, it's much weaker. However, I think you should still be able to play high-end games with it.
For an upgrade I would recommend adding 512MB more RAM, and getting a more powerful video card. I think that would help greatly.

Well dude integrated graphics is whats hurting you. You probably wont be able to run DOOM 3 or HL 2 with integrated graphics invest in a vid card and ure system should be straight.

They CPU is powerfull enough if you don't mind it.

yeah... with integrated graphics, it don't matter what processor you think about dropping in there, it still isn't going to work.

by the way, your processor has 512kb L2 cache...

I can't believe that i'm saying this, but I have to agree with Dale. Bumping your RAM to 1gig with allow you handle anything within reason, and a good graphics card will really rev up your system.

I'm guessing that your mobo has an AGP slot instead of PCI-e? Make sure which you have, and then shop for a card. The 6600's have come down to a reasonable price, and the performance they give is pretty doggone good.

The bottom line is what your budget will allow.

Hate to make it more complicated, but u need 2 make sure u have an adequate power supply if ur gonna upgrade ur system. the integrated stuff wont draw nearly as much power as a 6600, and the RAM will also draw some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom