General advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanUK

Solid State Member
Hello.
I hope you can advise me on a couple of things please!
I'm thinking of purchasing the following PC.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk
Product code: 850034
I cannot give you a direct link, as their site won't allow it for some reason!

It's a Fujitsu Siemens PC. Would you say this is a decent pc? From what I saw, it looks fantastic!

Also, we are wanting to purchase a monitor.
I went onto Dell's website, and sites like dabs.com and couldn't really see many that matched what I wanted.
Could you advise either a Sony, Samsung or Dell monitor (brand new) that's either 19" or 20" that can display 1600x1200? We don't want any speakers or anything like it on there. Most of the 19"'s I could see only displayed 1280x1024.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Regards,

Looks decent...what are you planning on using the PC for? General purpose? Does it come w/ a warranty of any kind?

I am partial to NEC monitors, but I have heard that the Dell displays are great.

Hiya!
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I thought it was decent too! We'd be using it for business (e-mail mostly), and the odd game. The spec seems great! Yes, they have a warranty.
Is there anything you'd see is "bad" or negative about this PC?

Thanks. :)

No, it looks like a really nice computer. Since you're only going to use it for the every now and then game you should be very well set.

Okay, thanks.
so for heavy gaming, it's not suited? I thought with teh processor, and the 256mb gfx it looked like it could cope with that too?

I've been trying to Google for say a site where I can just search for monitors giving certain criteria, i..e. Sony/Samsung/Dell, 1600x1200 resolution, 19" etc... but none. :(

Thanks!

Hi again.

Do Samsung make decent LCD's, or should I be opting for Sony?
Also any ideas on my last post?

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the reply. :)

Are you able to recommend a Sony/Dell/Samsung or as you now mention, Viewsonic monitor that's 19" that is capable of 1600x1200?

Thanks.

viewsonic pro series LCDs, the 19 or 20" should have either a 16 or a 12ms refresh rate, so check out the viewsonic pro series, they have a model number like VP201s or something like that, starting with a VP and ending with either a "s" or a "b". check em out at newegg.com or in stores at compusa or officemax. i don't have experience with samsung or sony or dell, i know that some of the dell monitors are rebagded sonys anyway. sony and samsung should be nice. if you want something cheaper than a viewsonic, try BenQ LCD monitors, also at newegg.com and officemax, you should be able to find some quick refresh rates for cheaper than the viewsonic, but not as good quality.

Hiya.

We're going to buy the PC today but I still have a further query on the monitor please!

All the 19"'s I've seen of LCD monitors from Sony, Samsung, Dell have seemed to be 1280x1024 resolution. Is there a reason so few are capable of 1600x1200?

I saw this one at Dell: http://dellware.euro.dell.com/dells...1&pn=0&demo=&gc=&sbc=none&co=&b=DUK_200-27378

What do you think? Or can you suggest a Dell/Sony/Samsung that is a 16ms one and decent? I'm new to all this - sorry!!!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom