GeforceFX 5900 wont work in my mobo, plz help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeDude2384

Beta member
I dont know why, but my Nvidia GeforceFx 5900 video card wont work in my ECS K7S5A motherboard. The video card is a 128mb card, and its for 8x agp, although I have 4x agp, it should still work.
What happens is when I first put in the card, windows xp loads up and installs its own drivers, or I install drivers from the nvidia site( I took the card out and installed different versions of the drivers multiple times) After restarting the computer, windows wont even load, the screen turns off and the little light keeps blinking orange.
I figured maybe its the motherboard, opr maybe the processor that comes in conflict? I have an AMD Athlon XP 1600 processor. THe strange thing is that this card does work in my older computer with a 2x agp slot??? wtf?? Its a PIII.
If anyone knows how to at least approach this problem, PLEASE let me know, it would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

I'm not really very sure 'bout this .. but u could probably try it anywayz..

In the bios reduce the AGP aperture size .. also make sure that u install the motherboard chipset .. n' VGART drivers before u install nvidia's drivers

It kind of sounds to me like you have a voltage conflict. The new 8x cards use a slightly different voltage, and there are a lot of boards that don't support that voltage unless they have 8x agp slots in the motherboard.

Maybe one of the others that reads this forum can help you some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom