Geforce4 MX-440 128MB AGPx8, Blur Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoull

Beta member
I have a new Geforce4 MX-440 128MB, I will not go into all the other hardware because I think it's a hardware fault on the graphic's card.

I have installed the new card, the display is all blurred and the colour is a bit off and generally the picture has no sharpness.

I have installed the lastests drivers fron NVida and I know the rest of the system is fully updated with latest drivers and the BIOS is also updated.

I have the screen set to 60 Hertz and when I change to a higher hertz the image becomes poorer.

Do you agree, the card has a fault? or can you think of anything else to try?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Well, I have taken the card back to the shop and when they tested it they said it was okay. I have now tried a dirrerent monitor and the colour is still not right. I went to install a fresh copy of Windows 2000 onto a new partition and the text via the setup menus is also purple instead of black.

All I can think is the AGP slot has a fault. What do you think?

I had a Matrox MGA on the board until I could afford a new one. The motherboard is an Asus a7v8x-x. I have since upgraded to Windows 2000 as I think the problem if not hardware must be Windows. I will be working on the problem all day today and will install service pack 4 and check MicrosoftÂ’s knowledge base for any known problems. I will update this evening on progress.

I also tested a 3D game and it seems to work okay. It's definitely
a strange one this.

Just a thought .....

Check the pins on the connector of the monitor cable .. if it's bent or dislodged this can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom