GeFORCE ti300, Is it anygood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$|!m

Baseband Member
Hey, my m8 has a 2Ghz comp, with 256 ram, and a geforce ti300.
Yes, i know its bad...
Well, i was wonderin, if i help him put in another 256Mb ram, and a 9800pro, will it improve that much.

P.s. ho bad is the geforceti300? in comparison to the 9800pro

Oh, by the way, is there anywhere to get Cheaper RAM for Dell computers

the geforce ti series released a bad line of video cards, basically bad transitors which really screwed up the cards graphics performance under heavy load. You would end up getting the worse graphics glitch you can imagine and about 2 fps. If you dont get one of those bad cards then your ok, they were good cards at there time, and the ti500 actually benched faster than some of the geforce 4's. just dont plan on playing HL2 or doom3 with good graphics. Most of the games released in the past couple years are already really stressing them out, if I were you, go for the 9800 pro.

is the ti300 equivalent to any 9xxx based card out there?
1 more thing, how many times better will the 9800pro be at running counter strike source, compared to the ti300

Thresh said:
the geforce ti series released a bad line of video cards, basically bad transitors which really screwed up the cards graphics performance under heavy load. You would end up getting the worse graphics glitch you can imagine and about 2 fps. If you dont get one of those bad cards then your ok, they were good cards at there time, and the ti500 actually benched faster than some of the geforce 4's. just dont plan on playing HL2 or doom3 with good graphics. Most of the games released in the past couple years are already really stressing them out, if I were you, go for the 9800 pro.
The hell are you talking about?! I have a Ti4200 and it is a hell of alot better than the FX5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom