GeForce FX 5700 LE + Direct3d = Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahboo

Beta member
I seem to be having some trouble running certain games that run in Direct3d with my GeForce card. I have been searching the web high and low for information pertaining to my troubles, but I cannot find anything relevent. I really hope someone can help me out, because this is driving me nuts.

My Problem:
Unreal Tournament 2004 and Battlefield earth run like crap on my primary computer. Both games run poorly at 800x600/high detail, yet decreasing the resolution/detail level has almost no effect in either game, and performance is not increased by any significant amount. My SECONDARY computer runs UT2004 flawlessly at the default settings (800x600, detail levels at normal/high), even though it has less RAM, and a slower processor! To complicate this even further, I ran the UMark Benchmark Utility for Unreal tournament, and my Primary computer averaged a HIGHER in-game FPS, even though actual performance is much worse (lower framerates, textures look fuzzy even at 1024x768 res., and does NOT have good color quality).

Here are the specs on my computers (Both run Windows XP):

PRIMARY
Pentium 4 - 3.06GHz, 512k L2 Cache, 533Mhz FSB
1GB SDRAM - 333mhz
GeForce FX 5700 LE - 256MB AGP

SECONDARY
Pentium 4 - 2.8GHz, I believe it has 512k L2, but not sure of FSB speed.
512mb SDRAM
Radeon 9200SE 128MB AGP

I have the latest drivers for my GeForce card.

Also, my Primary computer runs Doom3 a hell of a lot better than my Secondary, as with most of the rest of my games. I can't figure out what's causing the poor quality/performance with these direct3d games on my Primary computer, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- Mike

It is a well known fact that Nvidia is more known for their OpenGL support and ATI for their Direct3D support.

But looking at your primary I don't see how it won't perform better than the secondary even though the secondary is powered by an ATI card...a 64 bit ATI card.

It must be your config. Try different driver versions and etc.

hu_xu said:
It is a well known fact that Nvidia is more known for their OpenGL support and ATI for their Direct3D support.

But looking at your primary I don't see how it won't perform better than the secondary even though the secondary is powered by an ATI card...a 64 bit ATI card.

It must be your config. Try different driver versions and etc.
I figured that ATi was prolly better for Direct3d, but when UT2004 starts up, it shows an nVidia logo, so I wouldn't think I would be worse off using an nVidia-based card..

Anyways, I'm going to give these Omega drivers a shot, because I hear they're really good.

Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom