GeForce FX 5500 256 MB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Lord

Baseband Member
Does anyone have experiance with a GeForce FX 5500 256 MB DDR AGP Video Card w/TV, DVI, I am thinking about buying one and I want to know if it is worth it, I use an nvidia geforce4 mx 4000 and it sucks... it doesn't even have pixel shader... I also wonder if it will work in a 4x agp slot... in its requirements it only says it needs an agp slot and doesn't specify the speed...

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=FX5500-256MTV&cat=VCD

i dont recomend you buying that at all you need a little more advanced vc now adays at least get into the 6 serise

Thanks for the info
I will look into the geforce 6xxx series...
I am cheap though and I might end up buying the geforce 5500 if I don't have the extra money...

I just finished building my tower...

overview: I have an amd athlon xp 2000+ overclocked up to 2 gigs(2600+)... 512 megs of ram and a 450watt power supply, I plan to make it a gaming computer, and some graphic design. An example of one of the games I have but can't use with my current graphic card is Lego Star Wars... any suggestions

Alright dude, by the looks of things, you will beso depressed if you get the 5500. The quality will be nowhere near what you want. You're into OC'ing, so you demand power. I know how it is. I completely advise against anything under the 6xxx series. Click the link I posted, that card is $190. Pretty good price, if you ask me. If you dont have the extra cash, save until you do. Like I said, you will be so depressed with the quality if you get the 5500. It is not going to be anywhere near what you need, or want.

Either Brand is good. People either love or hate ATI, vice versa. I suggest the eVGA 6600 GT though. Cost around 180$. For gaming, you dont want anything cheaper then that. But as you know, i have no clue what you perform on this system. This card takes AGP X8.

i have a 5600ultra and it runs games pretty good actually. the 5500 wont do thatbad but i dont suggest it. go w/ what thye say and get a 6600GT. do not get a 6200 cause anythign below 6600 is really just crap. BTW HIM your sig says 5700;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom