Fully Optimized
430MHz Clock Speed
24 pixel pipelines
8 vertex shaders
Shader Model 3.0
1.4ghz DDR3
256MB of RAM

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=63843

Looks pretty disappointing in my opinion, core speed isn't anything special considering what's out right now, and I'm a bit suprised that there is only 256MB VRAM on that thing, especially when you get a look at how big it is. The card is too big for my likes anyways, which seems particularily odd when the r520 shots I've seen don't look much bigger than the x850.

Still could be anyones game at this point, now that both companies have the hardware part covered they need to sort out the software part to get the hardware to actually work properly. A few months ago I would've said ATI had the advantage with nVidia weighed down with SLI drivers, but then along came ATI "crossfire"...

Ya, it doesnt look like anything too fancy.

Im sure they'll play a 'number game' to make sure that they meet whatever ATi comes up with (I havent seen specs for the next gen ATi, so Im not sure).

The only cool thing on that card is the 1.4GHz memory clock, considering the 6800U stock spec is 1050MHz

Fudo supposedly has a 700MHz core with 1.8GHz GDDR3 with something crazy like 50GB+/sec bandwidth, but ATI hasn't officially said anything yet so this specs are really totally in the air. I wouldn't take them too seriously since the original release date with these specs was April and it's been continually pushed back.

If these are true though nVidia better have a 7800 "trump card" model in secret...

I did a quick search for the 520...I found out that it's supposed to have 32 pixel pipelines compared to the 24 on the GF7.

That's another debatable thing about the r520 specifications which we really won't know until it comes out, most sources seem to agree it has 24 pipelines which are equal to 1.3 of todays pipelines therefore 24 x 1.3 = 32.

Yes, the Fudo has been reported to have 24 pipelines, but its been remoured that these pipelines are more efficent (33% to be exact) than the current pipelines you'll find in a card like a 6800 or x800.

Therefore, 24 x 0.33 = 8 + 24 = 32

Oh I get it. hahahaha. I didnt know what you meant :) So it'll be like having 32 of todays pipelines...Gotcha:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom