GeForce 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey...you have a 6800 GT, that will do well enough for now. Some benchmarks actually show the 6800 GT higher than the 7800.

£339.95

dang...i wish those were the prices here...

$599 here

How can anyone like the ATI card better? It's not out yet! Theres no official specs! There's no benchmarks! Nvidia beat ATI out of the gate and I think the momentum of the 6 series will carry through.

Re: Gigabyte 7800 GTX @ overclockers.co.uk

DoomUK said:
First off, I've never shopped from this company before, soooo if anyone here has shopped with them before, speak up :)

Specificlly: There's no info on the site about delivery times; what are their delivery times like?

I've shopped with them many a time, they are usually great. However, 'apparently' their RMA service sucks, but I havn't been that unfortunate.

One time though they sent someone elses order to my house, and I was really annoyed because it could so easily have been my order. I rang them to tell them what had happened, but all they said was that their computer system was down. :confused: I still haven't resolved the issue, so I might sell the item myself.

But yeah they're pretty good, I'd reccomend them.

As for delivery times, it's always been next day for me (if you order before 3pm), they kinda 'forced' it upon me, as in I had no other choice, :confused:

GameGURU said:
Some benchmarks actually show the 6800 GT higher than the 7800.

You're thinking of SLI'd 6800 Ultras, which come at an insane price (£600+). Later on I could always get a second 7800 GTX ;)

you cant judge the 7800 by benchmarks on games such as hl 2 or doom 3. The 7800 is made to accomidate the new games coming out not ones already released it has improvments for pixal shader and better AA using transparencys. The benchmarks based on unreal 3 engine and FEAR beta show a huge leap in performance over the 6800. I dont plan on buying one for at least a year to see how things work out but it sure looks tasty :)

The benchmarks based on unreal 3 engine and FEAR beta show a huge leap in performance over the 6800.
Very true, ive been thinking that myself on this whole ordeal.
How can anyone like the ATI card better? It's not out yet! Theres no official specs! There's no benchmarks! Nvidia beat ATI out of the gate and I think the momentum of the 6 series will carry through.
true in its own form, but still, i wanna see what this new chip can do from ATI before i go bashing it to hard. Nvidia still has the ball on their side of the court because their card is out first and its stable.

*drool*

I really want to upgrade, because my card just doesn't cut it for new games like F.E.A.R. Too bad this card is only in PCI-E, because I really am not ready to build a whole new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom