GeForce 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
7800GTX has LAUNCHED

OK, I know this is a little late and you all probably already know this, but the 7800GTX has been launched and released for anyone to buy. [H]ardOCP did a great preview that you can find here:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Nzg0

The performance is crazy! in some benchies, like the Unreal Engine 3 one that Nvidia released, a single 7800GTX gets better performance than 2 6800 Ultra's in SLi!

Please post your comments, and if there has already been a thread, i apologize because i've been gone and i missed the launch. I checked TF, and was appauled that there were no forum threads about this so i went ahead and made one.

and BTW, ATi won't have anything to combat this card because they just delayed the R520 as of June 23rd. You can buy the GeForce 7800GTX for around $599 off of newegg right now if you want as well seeing that it was launched and released the same day.

GeForce 7800 GTX sets gaming records

GeForce 7800 GTX sets gaming records

First tests of nVidia's speed demon show impressive performance gains

Packed with just over 300 million transistors, nVidia's latest high-end graphics chip, the GeForce 7800 GTX, is one of the most complex processors ever designed.
And tests of a reference board built around the chip indicate that it's the fastest graphics board we've ever seen.

NVidia expects boards to ship now from partners such as Asus and Chaintek at a retail price of around £400. We tested a single-slot PCI Express board equipped with 256MB of 600-MHz DDR3 memory and dual DVI (digital visual interface) outputs.

The board set speed records in almost all gaming tests – an impressive feat. For example, in a Doom 3 test with anti-aliasing, the 7800 GTX posted frame rates of 65 and 42fps (frames per second), respectively, at 1,024x768 and 1,600x1,200 resolution. By contrast, a previous speed leader, ATI's Radeon 850 XT Platinum Edition, managed only 52 and 31fps, respectively, in the same tests.

In addition, the 7800 GTX supports nVidia's SLI technology. This allows you to run two identical graphics boards in a system built to permit such doubling up, dramatically boosting performance in some games.

The GeForce 7800 GTX is priced out of the range of all but the most well-heeled gamers, although our tests demonstrated that it delivers pretty good value. That nVidia managed to fit everything into a single-slot board cooled by a reasonably quiet fan is doubly impressive.

ok, but they are comparing new gen card to old gen ATI GPU's... just wait, the R520 is gonna pwn this dead in it's face if they get it working right... (not that i am a fanboy or anything)

The new GeForce 7 Series

Nvidia recently revealed the new nvidia 7800 graphics cards. They are awesome. Spread the word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom