Geforce 6800 Ultra Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
60c idle and 72c load at 400 core.

Have you got the 71.89 drivers as it fixed a temperature problem on the 6800's.
I will have to try this. I am still on 71.84.

Have you got the 71.89 drivers as it fixed a temperature problem on the 6800's
I didn't know there was a temp problem..........maybe that's why mine tends to be reading hotter than everyone elses? I swear I've never seen anyone elses as high as mine yet, although hygor had his 6600GT hittin 100C there for a while until he got better cooling. Guess I'll break down and try 71.89 but there better be a difference damnit! :p

Ahh crazy! Going from the 71.84 to 71.89 now shows idle temps of 60C :D Haven't played any games though to find out the load temps but that's definitely nice to see.

How do we know it's the real temp though now!?! It can't be trusted!!!

I swear I've never seen anyone elses as high as mine yet
I was hitting 95c load on stock cooling :eek:
Ahh crazy! Going from the 71.84 to 71.89 now shows idle temps of 60C Haven't played any games though to find out the load temps but that's definitely nice to see.
I am interested in trying that now, but I know what you mean, it makes it hard to trust it when it can change that much...

Just ran 3dmark05, still hit 84C on full load =/

Couple weeks I'll have it water cooled so it shouldn't go beyond 50C at any time :D

at 401/1101 on 71.84 at 2.6GHz I got 5410 3dmark05

at 400/1100 on 71.89 at 2.5GHz I got 5376...........guess that little smudge on core and memory along with an extra 100MHz on the CPU made up for that 34 points lol

I've got a X800XT PE with a ATI Silencer 4 w/AS5 on core. It runs 38-40 idle and 50-55 Full Load. It's also overclocked to 560/600. Runs smooth as silk.

Couple weeks I'll have it water cooled so it shouldn't go beyond 50C at any time
I am telling you, I want to see 500 core!!! :p
I was looking on future mark and saw this:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, 661 MHz / 1425 MHz
:eek: :amazed: :D

did it say how it was cooled though? I think 450ish will be what I'll top at around and even then I should probably just hope it does get that high.

It'd need a voltage mod to be able to get to 500, and I can guarantee those people at 661MHz core has a voltage mod on it. Only thing is though the 6800GT's tend to be picky about voltage mods and die after a couple of months, not an option for me.

So I'm just going to OC it up as far as I can with water cooling and my tweakmonster BGA RAMsinks, keep it cool and be happy with it.

Yeah, I was just playin anyways. 450 would be sick.

Anyways, I tried the new driver, same as you. Idle temps dropped to 55 but load temps stayed the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom