GeForce 6800 to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
I want to be able to use my tv as a monitor but i dont know how to do this..........on the video card there is analog, dvi, and s-video output.....................

what cords do i need and where can i get them(probably newegg)....thanks

Well, you can use an S-video cable if your TV has an S-video jack (most new ones do). However...TV quality is terrible compared to a monitor. Not to mention that the resolutions usually aren't right, and the refresh rates tend to suck. I've heard of people using the new plasma screen TV's for watching movies, but even those still suck for doing gaming, graphics work, typing, and most other things.

TV's are cheap. Monitors are expensive. If TV's worked better than monitors, no one would by monitors.

i want it for watching movies because sitting in a chair watching a movie just isnt fun.................

Then use the S-Video ports (if both your monitor and vidcard have them). S-video only supports video, though, if I remember right. You'll still probably need to do something about sound.

This is why ATI's All-In-Wonder cards are so popular. They not only provide graphics support, but they have all the connectors you need to hook up TV's and projectors.

also do you know any good fans that you put in the pci slot under the graphic card to suck out the hot air?

ThermalTek and Antec sell good PCI slot fans. Also, search in TigerDirect.com's cooling section. You'll find a bunch.

PCI slot fans tend to be noisy, though. I don't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom