GeForce 5200 & LCD Monitor probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHeadFL

Daemon Poster
On my server box, I am running an old AGP GeForce 5200 made by eVGA.

I have a KVM switch, and I have my Opteron system on one side of the switch, and my server on the other side. My LCD always looks right and I used to run my old linux system at 1280x1024 also, just like my Opteron box which is running at 1280x1024.

For some reason, at any resolution above 800x600, the image on the LCD on the GeForce 5200 auto-aligns to WAY over to the right, so far that I cannot align it. When I swap back to my regular box, it looks fine. I have never had this problem with other boxes or machines at 1280x1024... any ideas?

sorry idk man...but at least this will get it back on the first page..then maybe someone will see it and answer...good luck

Heyyo,

Now, it's the OS that tries to save the location of the monitors settings I believe. So it could be a problem there. Try setting up the monitor for the comp with the fx5200 without the KVM switch. If it works fine there, and messes up with the KVM switch? you might have a defective KVM. Try switching the inputs on the back of the KVM too, see if it also messes up on the other channel. If it does? then I guess the comp with the FX5200 just has issues... which it shouldn't cause it's just a kvm..

Due to the location I can't really do it without the KVM altogether, but I did swap the channels on the KVM and it does the same thing on either.

By the way it is a fresh install of Windows Server 2003 and the latest nVidia drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom