GeForce 5200 Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be listed on the sticker on the power supply itself. If you can't find it but have a digital camera, get as clear a picture of it as you can and post the picture.. I'm sure that one of us should be able to tell you what the wattage is..

Alexander

The only sticker I can find (sorry, don't have a digital cam ..) says 240V and the bios says 1.5V for the AGP port.

Is any of this of assistance?

Jen

The 240 V. Is that on the power supply? If it is then we have just found your problem..

You definately need to go up to at least a 300, because those cards, like I mentioned earlier, are serious power hogs.

Just to make sure though.. (I don't know how much you know about computer hardware so please don't get offended by my description) The sticker that I am talking about would be on the side a a smaller box inside the computer that all the colored cords are coming out of. The largest number of that sticker (not including serial #s and the like) is probably the max output for that power supply.

Again, if we are talking about the same thing you can pick up a quality 300w power supply for about $25-$28 USD.

here's a link for a good one just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=N82E16817104995

Alexander

actually the V stands for volts which probably means 120/ 240V, which tells us nothing. Jen, can you look again for how many watts your power supply is rated at? it should say "total output = X" or something similar.

my hunch though is that the problem is not the power supply, or at least not entirely. Jen, what is the computer make and model? for example DELL inspiron 3297, Compaq presario 4270B, Emachines 3796. it should say right on the front of the computer or the back in text.

if it was a custom built computer we need the motherboard make and model which would be printed on the main board where everything is plugged into including your video card.

if you don't know any of that can you tell me how old this computer is? thats a pretty new card you got; simply put, it just might not work with that particular computer.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your ongoing help.

I have to admit I don't know much about the technical side and hence I've run into problems with something I thought would be fairly straightforward.

Anyway, back to my problem. I'll need to check the power supply again but couldn't see anything that stood out internally.

The motherboard is a VIA VT8366 (I think) and my computer is custom built but only about twelve months old.

Again, many thanks for your ongoing assistance.

Jen

Okay, I'm going to give this a shot. I was checking out posts about problems with the GeForce FX 5200 and came across your thread.

I have also recently installed the GeForce FX 5200 AGP card. I have the most recent drivers from the Web site (53.03) and am running a HP Pavillion 760n machine.

Ever since installing the card, any time I try to view a dvd or play a graphics intensive game, the program/game freezes. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom