Geforce 4 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2kris

Beta member
Hi everyone im new to this fourm, and hoping you can help me with a problem. I have a p4 2.4ghz, Xp Pro, 256mb memory, geforce 4 mx 440-8x in the agp and a tv card in the pci..

Recently when i boot up, it sometimes stops and my screen says "no signal" and even more recently "out of range signal", think it might me me graphics card! Sometimes is dosn't even display the startup bios screen where it displays you Graphics card make, then sometimes it will get just before the login and stop. I put my old 8mb graphics card in, and it worked fine.

When up desktop came up, a "your computer just recovered form a serious error" message appered, or something like that. Anyway it said my Geforce was responsable, and the drivers caused the problems.. So i uninstalled all drivers for the geforce and tried again, as if i was installing it from new.. No Joy! Could this still be a Driver problem? Or is it a hardware problem, and my Geforce is nackered? Great if you could help.. Kris.

The geforce i am having trouble with is a AGP, i never changed anything in BIOS when i changed from PCI to AGP, ive had the card 9 months and its only just started playing up!

Thats your problem.
When u used PCi graphic card, u set your BIOS to PCI, but now u r using AGP graphic card, so u have to changr the BIOS setting to AGP.

The only thing i found in BIOS was in "Integrated Peripherals" then under "Init Display First", and had a choise between PCI and AGP, i set it to AGP then tried the Geforce again but still didn't work, think it must me a hardware problem on the card! Thanks for your help.. Kris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom