geforce 3 dual monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmplex

Solid State Member
im trying to run dual monitors with a geforce 3 64mb....one monitor hooks up dvi and the other 9 pin......but for some reason windows is not recognizing both monitors...and i have already installed the drivers and what not...and updated my driver for the geforce....it allows me to use either monitor one at a time...but not both at the same time...when i go to my control panel and the settings for display it will only show monitor 1 and not the second....even if both are plugged in...HELP! please...

crap, i had the answer as i use dual display on a nvidia card, but since i cannot post within 45 seconds of each post, i clicked back on the browser and bam, it cleared out my reply screen, so when i get enough energy to write it all out again, i will post the answer. Thank the admin and mods for that.

Check the clone option. this is my dual moniter card so I can't show but it is on this screen
200410122116598840116383.jpg
200410123053841889453640.jpg

right click on the desktop and then go to NVIDIA DISPLAY, click on that or whatever monitor pops up. Now at the left, you want to click on nView DISPLAY SETTINGS, now, in the big window it will show your current monitor, click on nView DISPLAY MODE and scroll down to any option other than Single Display, depending on how you want your dual display to happen. Now, two screens should pop up and click apply and then click keep current settings and you are done.

That's how my 6800 does it.

yeah...i have got to that point...but the thing is, is that its not giving me any option besides single display....whats weird is that is knows that i have both monitors connected....as itll let me switch from analog display or digital display....so i can use 1 monitor at a time...but for some reason it is not recognizing that both monitors are plugged in...could it be a problem with windows? as when i click on display properties it does not even show both monitors connected there? it doesnt even give me the option to exten my windows desktop to the other monitor....both are lcd flat panels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom