Ge-Force 4400 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Asus GeForce 4400 TI

Is this a good card? It's what my brother is giving me here in a few days... Can I play alot of games on it? And is it overclockable?

thats the 128meg I think... anyhow, it will be MUCH MUCH better than what you have, but not leading edge card, but you should play most games, if not on lowest settings for the newer ones (like doom 3)

Lucky you....Ti is the high end performance side of the whatever model happened to be out at the time (meaning geforce2, geforce3, etc...) they used Ti for what 'Titanium!' I believe or something like that...either way its the top of the line of that series opposed to a 4400MX would suck balls. Yeah that should be a damn good card and if you want to overclock you know you need to get better than stock cooling..come on now thats a basic. I wish I had that instead of this Geforce2 MX 32mb....I used to have a 64mb GeForce2 Ti...bought the FX 5700.....gave friend the Ti...he gave me the MX just to have as a spare.....my 5700 died....wound up needing the 'spare' mx.....sucks..went through a horrible downgrade...anywho..yeah that card will do you good. Don't know how it'll fair in doom3 and whatnot, BUT I was able to play farcry with 256mb of RAM and that GF2 Ti 64mb on a lot of low settings and water was at like high and it was still playable...so maybe not at complete high settings but yeah you will be able to play farcry and I'm pretty damn sure you should be able to play doom3 but looking at your specs you'll need more ram....on further inspection of your specs....yeah lol that geforce4 will seem like an amazing piece of alien technology compared to your banshee. Have fun!

Yeah it will be so sweet, my bro is so cool for giving me all this stuff, but he doesn't need it anymore cuz he's doing upgrades. Plus I'm giving him a free case with a 420watt psu. Yea I know I need more ram, trust me I will be getting some when I get $40 more dollars. What are my options as far as cooling when it comes to my GPU? Like what is better than stock? Also is this card agp 2x or pci?

I'm almost 100% positive it'll play doom3 with adequate settings....even on low they say its supposed to look good though. Your card should be minimum AGP 4x if not 8x.....you'd know if it were PCI if it doesn't fit in your agp slot, duh :p

It WILL run doom 3, a friend of mine has an XP2200+ 256Mb ram (DDR333) a Ti4200 128mb (8XAGP) and can run doom 3 on medium settings with the resolution at 1024x768 and he gets about 30-40fps. his doesnt even support DX9.0 :D

well you definitely need to get a new mobo then cause you won't be able to get all the performance out of that card thats supposed to

his doesnt even support DX9.0

....umm ok....cause an older game like soldier of fortune 2 which is like 2 years old now REQUIRED that you had atleast 9....so it'd seem weird that doom would run on anything less..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom