gc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm85

Baseband Member
im sure this has been much debated, but the 6800gt and the x800xl are neck and neck in graphics tests, but teh radeon is cheaper.. whats the real deal?

jm85 said:
im sure this has been much debated

You could say that :p

Well, as a proud owner of a 6800GT, I can safely say it's given me magnificent performance over the past 10 months.

Worth noting that two PCI-E 6800GT's in SLI will whoop any current ATI offering out there.

Go with whatever you prefer... when you're spending that much, most everything is good.

I'd get NVidia, only because they've owned so far in this GPU round. I'm hoping I can get an ATI next... but thats only if they can come out with a good motherboard and video card in the next round. Otherwise, I'll stick to having both as NVidia...

I really like ATI...

ALWAYS you say? :eek:..................... I don't think so :p

In anycase, it's good for there to be some competition. Otherwise, the monopoly would be very bad for gamers. Fan boys are essential to drive down the prices for cheap, neutral fellows like me! :D..

the 6800 has pixel shader 3.0; way more future proof so you can turn on all teh eye candy for games

also more overclockable

definitely the 6800GT

6800 GT all the way. DOnt make the mistake of buying an ATI X800/X850 series, like i did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom