Gateway LX-6810-01 keeps shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocktal

Beta member
I have the Gateway LX-6810-01, running Windows Vista Home Premium x64 bit....8gb of ram, Gt 120 nvidia gpu, 15-1 media reader, tv tuner, etc.....

My system worked fine for roughly 4-5 months, and now it suddenly turned into a worthless piece of poop.

What is happening is, during the use of it, it will just automatically shut down, and when you reboot it, you will get the screen saying windows had shut down improperly and asks to start windows normally or in Safe Mode (W/ Networking or W/Command Prompt or Normal)...

Sometimes when it shuts down, the minute you hit the power button, before it can even finish getting through the bios section, it will shutdown, sometimes it will even shutdown 2-3 seconds after hitting power button.

Now, to me, this is suggesting hardware issues. My first instinct is overheating possibly, or a stick of RAM might be corrupt....But, I am not sure. If anyone can dig up anything for me, it would help...
Thank you,
Jesse

Eliminate the obvious first...

Open up the case and clean it out using compressed air. Remove the FAN from the heatsink and blow the heatsink out good. I said FAN so as to distinguish it from the entire heatsink assembly. Dust tends to cake up under the fan itself.

Be sure to blow out the PSU as well.

Remove the RAM from the system and try to boot it. It should give you a beeping. Shut it down and install a single stick of RAM and boot. If it works, great... power down and repeat with the other sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom