Gateway EV-700 Monitor - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2003, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Gateway EV-700 Monitor

Model# 700-069EV, Serial# 17004A664413, Chassis# CA-48, P/N# 7000957 OS Windows 2000
Original problem - Monitor would not wake from sleep mode with mouse activation, self test good. Problem occurred sporatically, sometimes within 1 hour of use, sometimes after 2 -3 days.
Now the monitor has a completely black screen. No self test. Power light comes on green then goes to red after a few minutes. Problem occurs on two different computers. Prelim testing indicates no high voltage to crt. On power up I can hear two "clicks", assumming that to be relays. These monitors have a history of being problem prone, flyback, solder problems ect. I would appreciate any input on the problem I'm experiencing.

Old 12-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

how long have you had it? if it came with your PC and you havent had it very long, then it should still be under warranty...

originally i thought that it might have been a driver problem because i had a similar problem with a Sony monitor that i fixed by installing an updated driver...but since this started out as one problem and then got worse, IMO it's something wrong with the monitor itself and not a software type issue...

i'm not the most technical dude in the world, but that's my 2 cents...

Good Luck
Closed Thread