Gateway and Amd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
I bought my first comp from Gateway back in 2000. It was a athlon 800 slot a , still have it and it runs good. Soon after Amd went to socket a and killed my upgrade possibilities. At the same time Gateway dropped Amd and went with the intel cpu only. Now I pick up a circuit city paper and you can buy a gateway with amd again. I wonder what happpened?

I was just at their website, i dont see any AMD computers. If thats true then they simply got on a AMD contract since the AMD64 are so damn good.

Yeah, I read something about the Dell CEO....cocky fruitcake, said 'We sell more computers than anyone else and we dont sell AMD' and they refuse to sell AMD....my thoughts are...you havent tried selling AMD so you don't have an statistical sales charts to prove whether or not it did better or worse, and that quote of his was right after the article said 'Theres a high demand for AMD based prebuilt computers'

Gateway probably simply follows the biggest bidder and/or stock market.

Intel says jump, gateway says how high

the stupid thing is all pc noobies think clock speed is more imp so they get a celeron or pent 4
yes celeron

i was at wal mart the other day lookin at some blank cds and this guy said that the spd of an amd 3200+= 2.9ghz celeron...

this guy said that the spd of an amd 3200+= 2.9ghz celeron...
Yeah the so called 'techies' ESPECIALLY at a place like Wal-Mart no absolutely jack shite about computers, it's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom