gaming performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
how good of settings could i play half life 2 at with my computer?

also i have about 200 dollars to spend on upgrades, suggestions?

check sig for specs

i have the exact same setup as you and i can turn every high along with 4xAA and 16xAF without feeling any lag on cs:s (dunno about how HL2 is, but i'm guessing it's probably the same)

the only way i can ever lag on cs:s is if my crappy adelphia cable has a lag spike

btw, if you have $200, the upgrade to 6800gt is definitely the way to go, since 2x6600gt in SLI isn't very goodfor the price/comparable to 6800gt

Save your $200, that money won't do much good for that system.

You could probably run HL2 with high settings, 8x AF and 2x AA pretty easily. If you're still getting good framerates, just keep jacking up the settings until they start to drop below 40.

Save your $200, that money won't do much good for that system.
Sure it would. Yeah he can still play it maxed with the 6600GT, but he can play it even better with the 6800GT and with more AA :D

i am saving for the dc amd 64's and that is the main reason i got the 3200. but if there is anything that could improve performance a lot then i will get it. i may get the 6800gt but that would take away all the money that im saving for the dc.

ull run it fine. I also believe that CS: Source is less demanding than half life 2. i scored 75.5 FPS in CS: Source with every setting maxed and 8xAA and 16xAF. In half life 2, i got more around 65 fps.

Unless you got a lot of money, I would not worry about dual core since they will be a lot when they first come out. And to answer your questions, your computer should run hl2 on some nice settings, and 200 bucks will not really help you out that much, so I would save it up for future upgrades.

Thats what I have but I only have 512 MB RAM. (I know, I need more.) I play will all settings maxed, but model detail and texture detail at medium. No AA or AF. Trilinear filtering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom