gaming crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

markthecamerama

Beta member
AMD ATHLON 1900XP+ Asus A7n266, 256MB Kingston DDR 30GB Ultra DMA 7200 maxtor, 64 meg Nvidia GeForce 4400 mx Graphics 300 watt psu
I have 2 machines both The same speck they both run o.k. until it comes to games then they both crash IÂ’m talking about games that say they need a 700(+) MHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor 128(+) MB of RAM 16 meg video card. I have tried various things to fix this problem i.e. format and reinstall update drivers replace memory, remove processor and reapply cooling paste, replace the fan on the processor. I also tried running win98 se instead of windows xp. I replaced the video with a geforce 4400 mx (64 meg). I put a known good psu in All no joy. Any suggestions??

Sounds like you have some old drivers, a directX version problem, or you got a corrupted DLL wandering around. If the first two problems aren't it (updates and directX) then completely remove the game and destroy its registry keys (WITH CAUTION). Then reboot, and reinstall. See what happens.

I would also strongly suggest you contact the game manufacturer to see if they have some kind of patch or suggestions for this problem. Chances are, they do. Either the game manufacturer, or the video-card manufacturer. Try them both.

its probley your video card. It probley can't handle the game you are trying to play. MB in a video card is not nearly as important as performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom