Game 'Unexpectedly Errors'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Well....I don't understand this situation. I have my RAM OC'd to DDR470(235MHz) It's 100% stable...or so I thought....I ran prime95 and it ran for 13 hours no errors.

I got to play some soldier of fortune 2 multiplayer and it keeps giving me a 'Unexpected error, sof2 has to quit'

I don't understand this one bit.....why would it do that, yet run prime95 for 13 hours...I also changed drivers and reinstalled the game.

Needless to say this is bugging the ever living hell out of me. I set it back to DDR400 and it didn't error when I played for like 30 minutes or so....I was hoping it WOULD error so I could say the problem was somethin else.

Any thoughts, go ahead and post em.

Ahh, yes Nubius im also so very clueless thats one of my fav games <--- love to play it. Remmber I was asking about this same prob or some variation to you as to why I couldnt play games correctly. This is indeed the one im talking about I use to be able to play this demo all the time and now it says 'Error had to quit' and has option to report the problem or to cancel....Hmm just so you know your not alone , Im having same prob with the game

Please some one feel free to help us out. ;)

Can you OC it a little less and get away without errors?
Well I went from like 235MHz to 225MHz and still got the error.

Sometimes it'll play an hour or so and not error, so I gotta play it more at stock setting and if it errors then I know it's not the RAM.

But still that makes me mad, it makes NO sense whatsoever to prime for 13 hours yet this game errors. Lame I tells ya

is it only that game, or do other gfx intense games also error?

i dont overclock so i dont know any specifics, but a long timeago i remeber someone posted something like this(about a sertain motherbourd)... with the bus settings overclocked the ram maybe stable but the the AGP bus becomes unstable because its not locked at default bus speed.

I have the AGP bus at 66MHz like it should be. It's an OC'ers board so it's not a matter of options in this case.

I was playing far cry yesterday and it crashed right when you get to that whole in the boat and it loads up the next portion of the level...not the same error though...soooo yeah.

Overall it's pretty lame. It can handle 235MHz, and do prime95 in blend mode which uses all but like 5mb of your RAM, and run that for 13 hours, but I go to play a game and it wants nothing to do with it =/

I think it's the motherboard, more specifically the chipset. I have an aftermarket NB cooler, so it's not the heat on it. My SB used to have a passive heatsink on it, but then it fell off while my computer was on! It's because I had put it on my last mobo, fried it, removed the thing so it lost it's sticky properties. I however, have made a new heatsink using the old NB active heatsink with another little fan ontop of it, and I have some thermal epoxy coming with the bigwater kit so I'll be gluin that sucker down although I doubt that's whats causing the problem here.

Maybe on some weird fluke when I get that kit installed, and the heatsink on the SB, it'll decide to work or something don't know.

Also I think I'm going to turn my AGP aperture down to 128 from 256mb and see if that does anything.

You need to lower the FSB. I know u don't like me, but please trust me.

You can be Prime95 stable for over 4 days and still not be 3D stable.

Yup, I've pretty much come that conclusion, but you know how it goes when you'd rather desperately hope for somethin.

Kinda lame that it does that though.

San - On a side note. It's easy to stay here dude, but for you it seems like you have trouble posting without making some comment about you getting banned and something along the lines of "nubius hates me"...I dont even have the power TO ban dude, so it's only part my decision to do so. If you want to be here, then dont make yourself so obvious as to who you are, that you've gotten banned, and like I had all control over you getting banned, and go about your business like you're just some 'mysterious' user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom