GA-7N400+Pro2 Serial ATA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan67235

Beta member
I bought a 320GB Western Digital hard drive from monarchcomputer.com for $155. completely oem, didnt even come with a jumper. i plug it in, and set the serial ATA onboard hardware to enabled, and theres 2 options, raid or base, and ive tried both. when booting, it shows and recognizes the hard drive on the screen just before os starts loading. first, i wanted to try to put xp on it. so i used xp cd, got the drivers for the "third party scsi or raid device (when you hit f6 at the beginning)" from the motherboard cd, and it asked for them, i hit s, and i chose xp from the list of drivers, and then when it says Setup is now starting Windows... it literally takes about 4 minutes to go to the next screen, which you then hit f8, enter, esc, then this is what i get:

071005_2234.jpg

ive also tried using the western digital Lifeguard tools 11 or w/e and have tried all possible combinations with that disk.

Then i decided, well ill just try to use it for extra storage then.
Just as it was after "Setup is now starting Windows", it took about 4 minutes to get past the Windowsxp screen with the bar going across. finally get in, and it would detect a new mass storage device, so id install the drivers, and nothing. restart the computer (wait another 5 minutes), still nothing. ive tried the jumper settings with the jumper off, and the jumper on all the way to the right. Im going to try different jumper settings now, and ill check back if anyone has any suggestions or questions. Thanks

nathan

2500+ AMD mobile
1GB 3200+ ram
ATI Radeon 9800 pro
Gigabyte GA-7N400+Pro2 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom