GA-7N400-L Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbc

Baseband Member
Hi,
I just bought a 7n400-l board, and I have been playing with it for about 12 hours now...!! I am so pissed... first it is the ACPI problem (I had a 7vaxp board before which supports acpi, but when I switch the new mobo in, it kept on restarting and can't load winxp) well, solved it by switching the acpi off, and able to logon to winxp for about 3 times, but everytime it will freeze by showing a blue screen with some error?
But now, I have to format the HD...??? all my preciouse files...!!! because somehow, it kept on showing missing files, and blue screen. I tried to recover the missing file, by using the winxp disk, than it showed my partition is corrupted and cannot be found!
Just wondering people who have this board, did you guys had the same problems too??? or it is just me..?!!!
Which slot does it work for dual channel? I tried all combinations, but only 1 will boot successfully, however, blue screen will show up few mins later.
ANy help will be great, thanks!!! no more gigabyte...!!!

did you do a repair/reinstall of the OS after you put in the new board? if not, the Operating system will have the settings for your old motherboard, which don't work properly on your new board. that would explain the problems you're having

I did repair it once, but it didn't work till I turn the ACPI off by installing my HD on other computer. Hopefully after formatting, everything will goes well...!!!

Well... formatting doesn't help... same thing happened again!!!
it shows,
The bios in this system in not fully ACPI compliant!
sh*t... my data... my data... should I just bring in the mobo and ask for another one?? or change for another brand?

Ya, I justs did last nite, upgrade to newest bios F8, it work fine now! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom