G70 info to be in america June 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
NVIDIA will be showcasing their newest generation vpu , the G70, in america soon (June 8th) (reviews?)

this also means that the G70 designs wont be available to the public on the partner booths but will only be shown behind closed doors.
At present Digital-Info received informations wich indicate that nvidia is very happy about the G70 performence.

the current specs for G70 indicate 24 pipelines and SAMSUNG GDDR3 at 1.4GHz high, sli support and a single slot cooling solution.

in a demo system powered by an AMD FX55 on an nForce4 SLI mainboard and DDR600 the G70 reaches as much as 8XXX 3dmarks in 2k5

G70 in sli should produce even more extreme results

Was from here: http://www.digital-info.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=23551#post23551

but yeah it's in another language and someone at xtremesystems translated the above paragraph.

1.4GHz right off the bat, 24pipelines, nothing about the core though

When is enough going to be enough with videocard companies?

16 pipeline, 24 pipelines, 48 pipelines, 64 pipeline, 128 pipelines...
64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB

GPU cores will be up to 1.4GHZ, 1.6GHZ, 1.8GHZ & 2.0GHZ

"I've got a nVIDIA Geforce 9800 Ultra Extreme 512MB 48 pipelines GPU is 2.0GHZ"

I'm having problems running Half-life 3... Stupid memory read errors...

LOL - This is a joke for all of you that don't have much humor.."

I wonder if this is what PS3 will be using but since PS3 is slated for 2006 release their GPU must be more advanced.

I thought PS3 had an ATI? Or was it Xbox 360.. Man 1.4ghz, thats insane. June 8th, cant wait.

hu_xu said:
I wonder if this is what PS3 will be using but since PS3 is slated for 2006 release their GPU must be more advanced.

Not likely, unless the PS3 is going to change to rgb monitor output instead of TV.You dont need much memory or a GPU running at 1+ghz for TV output.What you do need is lots of CPU horsepower,the new XBox has plenty of that,im sure the PS3 will as well.

The PS3 GPU is likley to be much like the new Xbox GPU, very little memory, not blazing fast, and probably the whole gpahics unit will be one chip, memory included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom