G3 is Officially Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
Apple has just announced the new iBook G4s...

The 12" iBook comes with an 800mhz G4

The 14" iBook comes with either a 933mhz G4 or a 1ghz G4

800- 30 gb hd upgradable to 40 or 60gb/256mb DDR RAM

933- 40 gb/256mb DDR RAM

1 ghz- 60 gb/256mb DDR RAM

All models come with 640mb RAM expansion and an ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 w/32mb video mem.

All models also come with(and it's about time) 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 1 FireWire 400 port

Both models also ship with a new slot-loading CD drive rather than the rickety pop-out drive that Apple had been using. Combo-Drives ship out across the line.(DVD-ROM/CD-RW)

AND, all new models come complete with Mac OS X 10.3

Glad they did it now... It was about time.

yeah, it's been a while coming. If they want to keep the pricing where it has been they need to show some sort of improvements.

mac_mogul said:
Apple has just announced the new iBook G4s...

The 12" iBook comes with an 800mhz G4

Just announced? I know a guy who has an 12" iBook with the G4 800mhz proc... I saw it this weekend at a LAN party. :/

yeah unfortunately they just came out with the g5 wich is being beat down by the athlon 64 fx-51 processer in almost all tests so far :(

i thought it was just announced today, guy. there are g3 800mhz, thats probable what you are talking about. I want one of the new 800mhz g4 12" really bad.

Hrmm, well the one I saw, at the bottom of the screen said G4... I guess I could be wrong...

I will have to double check. I was way too busy busting ass in UT to really be 100% sure.

well i must say, i really like the iBooks, i actually think they look better then the PowerBooks becuase of the soft white color. and the way they're so small. i woul dmuch rather have a 12 inch ibook then powerbook due to it's compactness. i love it. i wish someone would make a really cool looking laptop for like 600 dollars. that would kick ass. i wouldn't mind even if it had these specs as long as it looked kick ass like the ibook

800mhz
128mb ram
16mb video
24x cd-rom
20gb hard drive. it would be perfect for just surfing the internet and chatting. compact and slim. i would definitely buy one

Actually G4 "low ends" are at 800MHz so you both are right givin' Apple's technology, I KNOW that I've seen a G4 @ 800MHz cause....well, I have one.....however the G3 was "DEAD" a long time ago...... G5 is taking over...oh wait....I meant AMD 64 FX-51 is taking over!

But seriously...how much of the FX-51 power are we going to need RIGHT NOW?????

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom