Future Brainstorming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
TheHeadFL's flashback post in the technological advancement thread gave me an idea. The "The chip to get" to be exact. Right now, the FX-57 is the god of processors right? Think about 10 years from now. "Omg, you have a FX-57? Throw away that piece of crap man, get a better computer. That things worthless now, heck, I got better spare processors lying around..."

Scary, lol. But that is technology. Seems like they come out with a better processor on a weekly basis.

And thats how it will always be. It does'nt just apply to computers, its also Mobile Phones, TV's, Vacuums, and anything electrical really.

I upgrade when I feel the need to not because someone tells me that my computer is ancient and I should get this uber chip thats just come out. I'm also not gonna waste that much money on a FX-57 when my 3700+ will do everything I want it to atm.

Not saying you should either. I'll get the FX-57 the day I have a salary of $200,000+ a year, lol.

Your computer is only out of date when it no longer satisfactorily does what you want it to do.
The amount of people who want to buy a £2000 machine, just to do e-mail and type letters is unbelievable.

Do you think that computers will even resemble what we have today? Never mind performance.

Do you think that computers will even resemble what we have today? Never mind performance.

Lol, good point. SO many technologies are supposed to come out in the next decade. Anyone here know about nanotechnology? Its my dream technology. You wouldn't believe what it can do with and for computers.

The nightmare would be a hardware interface between computer and brain, might sound cool, but how long before some git writes a virus for your brain. Ouch, last thing I want.

CJJohnson said:
The nightmare would be a hardware interface between computer and brain, might sound cool, but how long before some git writes a virus for your brain. Ouch, last thing I want.

ROFL, nice scenario. A similar scenario, known as the "gray goo" scenario, involves nanotechnology. Some nut programs a nanobot to go out there and take apart anything made of carbon and make copies of itself. Note: All living things are made of carbon.

EDIT: Its called gray goo because thats whats left on the planet when the nanobots are done.

24/7 Gamer said:
And thats how it will always be. It does'nt just apply to computers, its also Mobile Phones, TV's, Vacuums, and anything electrical really.

Not with everything. In the DJ world, 30 year old turntables are still the king, still being produced today.

Mixers, the older they are, the more valuable (For high end mixers)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Not with everything. In the DJ world, 30 year old turntables are still the king, still being produced today.

Mixers, the older they are, the more valuable (For high end mixers)

An example of old technology being worth more. But why are they worth more? Do they actualy perform better or is it sentimentalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom