furniture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samh

Beta member
This is really mundane but:

I am trying to clean up a really chaotic home office. Wires and machines everywhere...

What I am looking for is a piece of furniture to fit a bunch of hardware listed below. Priorities are dealing with heat buildup, so very well vented (could have a totally open back.) And a conflicting need for doors on this thing because I don't want to look at any of the hardware.

Size should be approximately 30" tall, 23" wide, 17.5" deep. I can go higher vertically, but the width and depth are restricted by access.

Heres the harware:

23" wide format deskjet printer, needs to sit on the surface. This is really the only component I don't want behind a door.

Dell notebook on docking station. Must have access to eject button at rear of dock. Will run with the screen open 3/4" to clear vents next to keyboard.

Mac Mini -- don't really need access to the CD drive. This is working as a server and runs pretty cool

External hard drive maxtor 1 touch

Wireless Router, Firewall, Switch -- triple stack of those blue linksys standard form factor components -- these are ok stacked on each other.

cable modem -- very warm. can't be stacked.

and room at the bottom for all the wall wart transformers for each of these.

Any ideas or suppliers to check out?

SH

that is strange...why you don t go to a furniture store? I think you ll be the right thing. have you tried STAPLE?or Whatever...

or you can build it yourself. get some nice wood, stands, etc. wood scews. plan it out, stain it. and its custom to exactly waht you want. Cheaper, youll like it more, youll have fun making it.. etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom